They call THIS a LAN?

Come on in and shoot the virtual breeze...
(If you can't see the other forum sections, register and/or sign in!) :]

They call THIS a LAN?

Postby -7-Slappy on Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:53 pm

More like a gheyfest, found it by clicking on some banner ad at Newegg, then saw the FAQ:

1. Alcohol
No alcohol is allowed inside the event. There is a bar at nearby hotels you are welcome to attend if you wish.

2. Bawls?
Due to convention center guidelines, we are not allowed to sale BAWLS, nor are you allowed to bring it in..

3. Can we bring our own Food / Drink
No.

4. Can we bring food coolers?
No.

5. Can we Grill out back?
Sorry, but due to Venue Rules we may not allow grilling outside. Though it sure sounds good..

6. What are some other food alternatives?
Various fast food and family food establishments are all within a 2 mile radius of the event. On Saturday, August 26th, Showdown will be hosting a free picnic in a nearby park with all you can eat pizza and drinks. This special party will be for paid registrants only.

7. What food will be available inside the LAN?
Showdown will not be selling any food inside the LAN. The Venue will have items on sale in their concessions area

The alcohol & grilling restrictions I can understand, but why is Bawls outlawed? So they can force you to buy the overpriced & (likely) shitty food from their concession stands? Sounds like fun! :roll:
-7-Slappy
gAMER gOD
gAMER gOD

Postby Junglestud on Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:00 pm

Shat, that sucks!

No bawls = :gay:
-Erik

I always have coffee when I watch radar, you know that, everyone knows that!
Junglestud
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Yari on Sun Jul 23, 2006 12:00 am

But it's only $30 for three days of gaming. And they provide the machines, plus there seems to be lots of other activities. No bawls is a bummer, but it sounds like a deal to me. If only I lived in CA.
Yari
Digital Dirty Harry
Digital Dirty Harry

Re: They call THIS a LAN?

Postby KCSA_ChickenHead on Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:17 pm

-7-Slappy wrote:The alcohol & grilling restrictions I can understand, but why is Bawls outlawed?

There's the "no food" policy they have. So why did they single out Bawls? Probably because too many whiny kids can't understand that "YES, no food or drink also means no Bawls" and they e-mail spam them with retarded pleadings about it non-stop. It happens for every fad item that runs afoul of venue rules.

And to top off the food rules the venue appears to have, there is a more serious issue: glass bottles.

That's a big liability issue - it gets worse the more people you have. They've probably had problems in the past with glass bottles. As cute as those Bawls bottles are, they really should offer them in plastic bottles. They're not like beer, they don't need to be protected from sunlight by dark and dense glass- there's no other reason for the glass than asthetics.
KCSA_ChickenHead
Chronic gAMER
Chronic gAMER

Postby Forbidden Donut on Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:44 pm

Not to mention all the bastard little kids hopped up on Bawls; that'd be enough for me to outlaw it.
AMD A64 3200+@2.4ghz
Thermalright XP-90 Thermaltake SFII
Epox 9NDA3+
2x 1GB Mushkin High-Perf pc3200@ 6-2-3-2
Sapphire X800 XT (Cat. 6.3)
80GB Maxtor sata, 40GB WD HDDs
WindowsXP pro
Forbidden Donut
The Napster
The Napster

Postby Junglestud on Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:13 pm

Forbidden Donut wrote:Not to mention all the bastard little kids hopped up on Bawls; that'd be enough for me to outlaw it.

DUST!
-Erik

I always have coffee when I watch radar, you know that, everyone knows that!
Junglestud
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to General Lounge