We need YOUR help!

Come on in and shoot the virtual breeze...
(If you can't see the other forum sections, register and/or sign in!) :]

We need YOUR help!

Postby revo2001 on Wed Feb 11, 2004 11:11 pm

Inside Gamers is looking for your help guys and gals. We need some people to help out with creating reviews, tutorials and grabbing news from other sites.

In the move to get Inside Gamers more widely known we hope that some of you would like to become a more contributing member of our ever growing community!

Mostly I'd like to get some help with running each particular topic, a "Got Gear?" admin, "Got Reviews?" admin, "Got Mods?" admin, and "Got Deals" admin.

Responsibilities per Admin change according to the page.

Got Gear - We're looking for somebody to help out with writing up reviews and sporting links to some cool computer related(and LAN related) gear out there. Things like case holders, the infamous cigarette ligther that fits in your 5.25 bay, UPS's, etc. Also posting links to new gear on the home page will help us become more apart of the online community.

Got Reviews - Speaks for itself! We would like people to review things particular to the insides of the computer. Things like CPU's, Fans, hard drives, video cards, software, etc! Again, we would like this person to also post links on the main page of insightful reviews from other web sites.

Got Mods - The Admin for this page will write up tutorials for how to do certain case mods, volt mods, etc. Again, we would like this person to also post links on the main page of insightful tutorials from other web sites.

Got Deals - Probably one of the more easier but more nitpicky this Admin would be responsible for finding and posting about good deals from online dealers and also retailers.

We need your help!

Please email Junglestud (eds11979@hotmail.com) or me, revo2001 (revo2001@comcast.net)
the revolution medium
#1: DFI 875b LanParty // P4 2.6c @ 3.25GHz // 2x512MB GEIL PC3200 // (2)WD Raptor 36.7GB(Raid 0) // Maxtor 160GB HD // XFX 5900 // Audigy 2
revo2001
Not-so-casual gAMER

Postby Kloked1 on Thu Feb 12, 2004 2:35 am

i should have a case mod posting coming up soon as i look toward getting my new case, and i have quite a few plans for modding it, plus i'll be posting a review of Geil memory and in about a month i'll have a real world review of ATI's latest video card chipset.
ImageImage
"Hijacking threads for 3 years and counting"
Kloked1
American (photo)chopper
American (photo)chopper

Postby Forbidden Donut on Fri Feb 13, 2004 7:58 am

I'd be happy to post some reviews (for me to poop on!!). Hardware and/or software. Oh and Kloke, I'll have my 9800xt within a week and a half (i'm overnighting that biotch as soon as my fed taxes are deposited). I'd be more than happy to let you know how it is. :twisted:

FD
AMD A64 3200+@2.4ghz
Thermalright XP-90 Thermaltake SFII
Epox 9NDA3+
2x 1GB Mushkin High-Perf pc3200@ 6-2-3-2
Sapphire X800 XT (Cat. 6.3)
80GB Maxtor sata, 40GB WD HDDs
WindowsXP pro
Forbidden Donut
The Napster
The Napster

Postby wintermute on Fri Feb 13, 2004 10:25 am

I can post tech related news if that helps, did anyone read the article I posted on free computer security tools?
wintermute
Not-so-casual gAMER

Postby revo2001 on Fri Feb 13, 2004 11:46 am

Forbidden Donut wrote:I'd be happy to post some reviews (for me to poop on!!). Hardware and/or software. Oh and Kloke, I'll have my 9800xt within a week and a half (i'm overnighting that biotch as soon as my fed taxes are deposited). I'd be more than happy to let you know how it is. :twisted:

FD

word.. just to let everybody know though, I'd like to try to maintain somewhat of a higher standard the some sites when it comes to reviews.. Make sure they're very informative and sport some kind of benchmarks.. Like 3DMark, Aquamark, etc. Also if you're reviewing video cards, everybody here has to have atleast 2 or 3 games.. Each game allows for showing the current FPS. So some real world FPS shots would be great too..

If you'd like guys I can go around and gather up all of the benchmarking programs and some utilities to make grabbing snapshots more easy.
the revolution medium
#1: DFI 875b LanParty // P4 2.6c @ 3.25GHz // 2x512MB GEIL PC3200 // (2)WD Raptor 36.7GB(Raid 0) // Maxtor 160GB HD // XFX 5900 // Audigy 2
revo2001
Not-so-casual gAMER

Postby revo2001 on Fri Feb 13, 2004 11:47 am

wintermute wrote:I can post tech related news if that helps, did anyone read the article I posted on free computer security tools?

Word, Just make sure to not take too much information from the other web site as that would be copyright infringment.. Writing up a summary of the story with a small quote and a link to the site is the best way to go and won't get us in any kind of trouble =D.
the revolution medium
revo2001
Not-so-casual gAMER

Postby Forbidden Donut on Sun Feb 15, 2004 7:01 pm

revo2001 wrote:
Forbidden Donut wrote:I'd be happy to post some reviews (for me to poop on!!). Hardware and/or software. Oh and Kloke, I'll have my 9800xt within a week and a half (i'm overnighting that biotch as soon as my fed taxes are deposited). I'd be more than happy to let you know how it is. :twisted:

FD

word.. just to let everybody know though, I'd like to try to maintain somewhat of a higher standard the some sites when it comes to reviews.. Make sure they're very informative and sport some kind of benchmarks.. Like 3DMark, Aquamark, etc. Also if you're reviewing video cards, everybody here has to have atleast 2 or 3 games.. Each game allows for showing the current FPS. So some real world FPS shots would be great too..

If you'd like guys I can go around and gather up all of the benchmarking programs and some utilities to make grabbing snapshots more easy.

Way ahead of ya on the benchies; I already do quite a bit of that to test my current gear with new settings and whenever I get new gear.

Donut
AMD A64 3200+@2.4ghz
Thermalright XP-90 Thermaltake SFII
Epox 9NDA3+
2x 1GB Mushkin High-Perf pc3200@ 6-2-3-2
Sapphire X800 XT (Cat. 6.3)
80GB Maxtor sata, 40GB WD HDDs
WindowsXP pro
Forbidden Donut
The Napster
The Napster

Postby Yari on Sun Feb 15, 2004 10:46 pm

Screw 3dmark. Synthetic Benchmarks are nothing but a jones bragging tool. Real world stuff only please. Keep the benchmarks in fps and mb/s, not marks. Tell me your computers better because it has more marks and I'll tell you to go shove your marks up your fn ass for being so stupid. I mean, if thats what your into anyway. Stuff that matters is real world fps and speed, especially if you actually see or feel a difference. If you blow your wad on something that gives you more marks, but you dont see or notice an equally large improvement, you messed up. Given that synthetics are getting better at predicting real world perfomance, I'd rather that they have no place whatsoever in a good review. But that will never happen, so long as theres dodgeball...
Yari
Digital Dirty Harry
Digital Dirty Harry

Postby revo2001 on Mon Feb 16, 2004 2:30 am

Yari wrote:Screw 3dmark. Synthetic Benchmarks are nothing but a jones bragging tool. Real world stuff only please. Keep the benchmarks in fps and mb/s, not marks. Tell me your computers better because it has more marks and I'll tell you to go shove your marks up your fn ass for being so stupid. I mean, if thats what your into anyway. Stuff that matters is real world fps and speed, especially if you actually see or feel a difference. If you blow your wad on something that gives you more marks, but you dont see or notice an equally large improvement, you messed up. Given that synthetics are getting better at predicting real world perfomance, I'd rather that they have no place whatsoever in a good review. But that will never happen, so long as theres dodgeball...

Of course. If you actually get into the benchmarking programs, none of them are pure realistic. Benchmarking programs are only made to give people a reference to go by. Pretty much, yea some times a system that say gets 15000 might not be better then a system that gets 14500 in real life but thats not truly the point atleast in my point of view of those programs. Its just merely to get an *idea* of the performance that' you'll see with a particular product. Most of these programs also stress that they of course only benchmark the calculations the processors(and gpus) are making, not the quality that they produce.
the revolution medium
revo2001
Not-so-casual gAMER

Return to General Lounge