Maryland

Come on in and shoot the virtual breeze...
(If you can't see the other forum sections, register and/or sign in!) :]

Maryland

Postby Alxa on Mon May 10, 2004 4:07 pm

Where do you guys live in MD? and how crazy are house prices etc ...

Might look at moveing to the east coast in a few years ;-)
Alxa
Supreme gAMER
Supreme gAMER

Postby Junglestud on Tue May 11, 2004 1:36 pm

MD is great if you enjoy high crime rates, over-crowding, insane cost of living, rude morons everywhere you go, nucking futs property values, EXTREME traffic problems, oh, wait, you were not looking for -this- were you!?! :lol:

On the up side, I guess you get used to it after a while and it seems normal. ;)
-Erik

I always have coffee when I watch radar, you know that, everyone knows that!
Junglestud
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Alxa on Sat May 15, 2004 7:24 pm

Scratch that few years... would be this year....

Houseing is no worse then Twin Cities Minnesota... it's also way cheaper then many other places in the country. :)

Now how about seriously... in Atlanta people drive insane... as in Boston... could just be an east coast thing....

My wife and I need to get out of the midwest, and there are plenty of places with worse crime right? Furthermore I'm not talking about inner city Baltimore or DC.
Alxa
Supreme gAMER
Supreme gAMER

Postby BDSMurphyMcManus on Mon May 17, 2004 9:01 pm

Baltimore is a great town, i love it here, and i couldn't imagine living anywhere else.
BDSMurphyMcManus
Dr. Thrax
Dr. Thrax

Postby mofiki on Tue May 18, 2004 1:12 pm

well i lived in md for 20 yrs give or take depending on the time i spent elswere not a bad place to live stay away from the dundalk area or any where near the city try like annarundle or pg county maby not that bad there crime isent that bad unless you are stupid about your shit im living in england now and for god sakes i cant w8 to either go to the states or anywhere out of here
i would give living in md maby a 7 out of 10 just because i lived there so long but the people kick ass there if you can handle the type of people that are a bit of how should i put it hmmmmmmmmmm white trash in areas around the city and kinda stuck up in the further out areas on seccond thought try the white marsh area not too bad out there
When 70% of the people who get arrested are black, in cities where 70% of the population is black, that is not racial profiling, it is the Law of Probability. Image Image
mofiki
Sir Camps-a-lot
Sir Camps-a-lot

Postby z28kindaguy on Sat Aug 07, 2004 8:48 pm

Avoid MD at all costs! :evil:
If you had to live on the east coast, I might suggest PA over MD.
z28kindaguy
Happy Gilmore
Happy Gilmore

Postby NoOther on Thu Sep 09, 2004 8:31 am

Maryland is actually a great place to live depending on where you move to. However the nice places in maryland are pretty steeply priced. The newer parts of Ellicott City are nice, Columbia is decent, Catonsville is not bad, Sykesville is pretty good and is growing. I would stay away from Baltimore City, Dundalk, Essex, and PG County.
NoOther
Sir Turtles-a-lot
Sir Turtles-a-lot

Postby -7-Slappy on Thu Sep 09, 2004 4:53 pm

Agreed. Most of the suburban places are nice to live in, unless you're young & crazy and want to live in like Canton, or Federal Hill. The places in those city neighborhoods are getting expensive though, since people are buying up the crappy rowhouses & fixing them up to sell for upwards of $250,000. Yeah, no thanks.

I hear Frederick is actually becoming respectable even. Who'd have thunk it?? :wink:
-7-Slappy
gAMER gOD
gAMER gOD

Postby Kloked1 on Fri Sep 10, 2004 4:47 pm

As long as you stay out of Delaware you are ok, I had to go on a business trip there this week, it is with out a doubt the most boring state in the union, and and it has those insane ass no smoking anywhere on gods green earth type laws. MD is alright, and yes Dundalk does kinda suck, but I am proud of the shitty reputation this place has, Dundalk is like the Bundys from married with children, kinda ghetto, a little stupid, but will kick your ass any day of teh week. Nothern Baltimore county is fully of yuppies, as is many parts of downtown, I would shoot for like glen burnie or parkville, its not as ghetto as teh rest of the county, but it still has a bit of the general shitty ambiance that makes MD tolerabe.
ImageImage
"Hijacking threads for 3 years and counting"
Kloked1
American (photo)chopper
American (photo)chopper

Postby Yari on Sat Sep 11, 2004 1:01 pm

I dont understand why everyone's complaining when their not gonna do anything about it. Just keep telling people to move slightly away from the bad areas, untill one day there so many people the whole worlds just one gaint shithole. Now if someone were to form some kinda rogue orginization to clean up all the shit, then it might be worth living somewhere. *cough*elevatropolis*cough*
Yari
Digital Dirty Harry
Digital Dirty Harry

Postby Junglestud on Mon Sep 13, 2004 9:04 am

Yari wrote:I dont understand why everyone's complaining when their not gonna do anything about it. Just keep telling people to move slightly away from the bad areas, untill one day there so many people the whole worlds just one gaint shithole. Now if someone were to form some kinda rogue orginization to clean up all the shit, then it might be worth living somewhere. *cough*elevatropolis*cough*

LoL!

Seriously though, I would stay away from *some* areas of Dundalk/Essex/etc, and Glen Burnie for the most part is a strait up dumpster. Overpriced ghetto might be a better discription. All of MD is overpriced for what it is, but GB in particular is getting plain stupid. I lived there for 22 years and have zero interest in moving back.

MD is much like any other area, each town has is better and worse parts...
-Erik

I always have coffee when I watch radar, you know that, everyone knows that!
Junglestud
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to General Lounge