anyone know anything about south dakota

Come on in and shoot the virtual breeze...
(If you can't see the other forum sections, register and/or sign in!) :]

anyone know anything about south dakota

Postby mofiki on Mon May 08, 2006 6:22 am

so looks like ill be moving to south dakota in august anyone know what there is to do there?
When 70% of the people who get arrested are black, in cities where 70% of the population is black, that is not racial profiling, it is the Law of Probability. Image Image
mofiki
Sir Camps-a-lot
Sir Camps-a-lot

Postby Junglestud on Mon May 08, 2006 10:44 am

Cow tipping??
-Erik

I always have coffee when I watch radar, you know that, everyone knows that!
Junglestud
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Yari on Mon May 08, 2006 10:49 am

Trust me, it's a ripoff. Don't give those cows any of your money.
Yari
Digital Dirty Harry
Digital Dirty Harry

Postby mofiki on Mon May 08, 2006 1:34 pm

lol
When 70% of the people who get arrested are black, in cities where 70% of the population is black, that is not racial profiling, it is the Law of Probability. Image Image
mofiki
Sir Camps-a-lot
Sir Camps-a-lot

Postby KCSA_ChickenHead on Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:04 pm

There is the Sturgis Bike Rally every year at the beginning of August - truely fantastic if you have any interest at all in motorcycles.

The entire Black Hills area is, in my oppinion, one of the top five most beautiful areas in the entire United States. Not only is that the setting for the bike rally, but the more natural side of it:

- Mt. Rushmore

- Crazy Horse monument (truely MASSSSSSSSSIVE and finally discerable in the last few years now that major parts of the head are completed)

- Two of the most spectacular national cave systems (Wind and Jewel) - they make the stuff around Shanendoah look like a tiny hole in the ground.

- The Bad Lands; nuff said.

- Devils Tower (Eastern edge of Wyoming, but real close to the Black Hills area)

- Yellowstone not too much farther West into Wyoming - it would be a shame to not see it once before that volcano eventually blows it all to hell.

- Prarie Dogs, prarie dogs, and a lot more damn prarie dogs... (just remember to go "yip yip yip" in a high pitched voice when you see them... problem solved)

And then there's a whole hell lot of NOTHING. If you are up in the Souix Falls area, it's a rather disturbing lump of completely modernized suburban box store sprawl. But once you get 5 miles outside the city, there's NOTHING.

And for fucks sake, they are bison, NOT buffallo! (You would not believe how many people are incorrectly informed about those damn cow-rugs.)
KCSA_ChickenHead
Chronic gAMER
Chronic gAMER

Postby mofiki on Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:14 am

yep souix falls area :(
mofiki
Sir Camps-a-lot
Sir Camps-a-lot

Postby Junglestud on Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:57 am

Damn, that's good info!
-Erik

I always have coffee when I watch radar, you know that, everyone knows that!
Junglestud
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby KCSA_ChickenHead on Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:35 pm

mofiki wrote:yep souix falls area :(

Well then you won't be too bad off. I'm not joking, that city is a pretty decent size, and it is one huge box store outlet. You'll have all the "modern" conveniences like Home Depot, Best Buy, Walmart, etc. And the strips of TGI Fridays, Chachkees, Flingers, etc. It is like any other suburban sprawl around the cities out here in Maryland and Virginia. If you stay within the city, you'd never know you were literally in the middle of nowhere.

All that pretty Geo stuff I talked about is on the Western side of the state. Not horribly far away, but a good 4 hour drive (through NOTHING but dirt farms) from Souix Falls. That's one thing you have to get ready for out West - the distances between big cities is pretty expansive. Definitely not like out here with Baltimore, Annapolis, DC, Rockville, Philly, and NoVa being within a hour or so of each other.

Oh yeah, and say goodbye to trees. I can't even describe the disparity between here and there. If it grows from the ground and is more than 3 feet tall, it's not a native plant.
KCSA_ChickenHead
Chronic gAMER
Chronic gAMER

Postby KCSA_ChickenHead on Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:31 pm

Ah, I just thought of something else that is good about South Dakota. Below are categorized legal/not-legal listings of fireworks for MD vs. SD.

Legal Requirements For South Dakota a.k.a.: ANYTHING

Legal Requirements For Maryland a.k.a.: anything that is gay
KCSA_ChickenHead
Chronic gAMER
Chronic gAMER

Return to General Lounge